Train Dogs on Bathroom: When you buy a new puppy, it will overwhelm you with happiness, especially if you want to gain one from a long time ago. But the puppy surprises you by making a bath everywhere in the house.
When do you train dogs to the bathroom?
The puppies relied on her mother to hide the faeces she made, so she does not understand your attitude towards the resentment she feels. So do just as the mother used to hide what you did.
In order for your dog to become accustomed to what you want him to do, which is to specify one specific place for the bathroom.
You must know the needs and behavior of your dog for the type of his platoon, and his personality as a dog with a unique personality.
Some dogs are quick to learn, while others need some time and have their own needs.
You should also be calm and have patience and persistence in training. This is what will make learning the bathroom location very easy.
In this article, we will discuss 6 easy steps to train your dog for a bathroom location.
Learn the basics of dog toilet training
Introduce your dog to your family and get him used to toilet training dogs.
Do not make your dog wander alone inside the apartment because he considers all of it a designated area for him, and it allows him to make a bathroom in any part of it.
And let him know the places it allows him to be in and the places he is not desirable to be in. Close their doors and alert him every time when he tries to enter them, such as bedrooms.
Know the needs of your dog by reading all possible information about his species before buying it, for example:
- Small dogs like Chihuahuas and griffins have small bladder and cannot tolerate holding urine for long periods.
- Dogs are very intelligent, but they have their own language in dealing and they cannot understand that you want them to defecate or urinate here, and why is the other place forbidden, so try to understand their language so they can also understand and implement the orders you say.
- Dogs learn to go to the bathroom at 8 weeks before that, as they cannot control their bladder.
To Read: How To Treat Stroke In Dogs?
Watch for signs of toileting when training dogs
Always monitor your dog and follow his movements to understand when he wants to enter the bathroom, such as Smelling the ground, turning around, maybe some whining, barking, or maybe scratching the ground as if digging.
If you see these signs, take your dog to the designated bathroom.
- If you see your dog doing a bath in a place other than the designated place for him, interrupt him by saying phrases such as no and do not fit here, and you may get caught.
- Do not punish your dog when he bathes in the wrong place and do not let him smell what he has done in the bathroom. As they consider this, we consider this a punishment.
He may get confused and think that you dislike seeing him doing urine and stool work, so he does it in another place that you cannot reach.
With small puppies, they may not hold the stool when interrupted, so make accidents happen, and be patient.
Choose where to train dogs on bathroom
When choosing a place for training, it should be an easily accessible place. And there are few dogs in it, if it is outside the house, and the dog must tie to its own chain so you can monitor it well and recognize when it finished.
The dog gets used to the place where it has previously urinated, as it recognizes the smell.
The task will be easier when determining an area inside the house, especially if the dog is small and has not completed his vaccinations, and with small dogs, and the area must be easy to clean.
When you reach the specified place, tell him a word agreed in advance as a password between you to do the bathroom, such as never and any other word.
Do not use this word in any other matter, so as not to confuse the dog.
Give the dog his time before making the bath, as he may want to explore first.
When your dog does a bath in the space reserved for him, reward him.
When determining a place to work the bathroom inside the house, do not leave it inside and close the door waiting for the completion of the bathroom work.
All that matters to the dog is to get out of confinement and to relate that his desire to make the bathroom leads to confinement
So he makes a bathroom in other places and suddenly so you don’t lock him up.
Rely on dog litter box when you are away from home
- A dog box or kennel is an excellent solution, especially if you have a place for your dog inside a house.
- Especially for young puppies in the beginning with their inability to control their bladder.
- But the kennel should be large enough to allow it to stand, sit, and circle comfortably around itself.
- Dogs dislike using the bathroom in the place designated for eating and drinking, as the dog will prejudice himself until leaving the house.
- Therefore, it should watch well when you see signs such as smelling in the ground, raising the hind legs, and taking it outside to the designated bathroom.
- And enter him to the bathroom after half an hour of finishing his food.
- Prepare the bathroom area with a set of pads and fill it with the entire place, provided that the training area for the bathroom is far from the place of eating
To Read: Neapolitan Mastiff Dog